New iPhone Coming to Australia?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dazloe, Jun 5, 2009.

1. dazloe macrumors member

Hey guys, I did a search but there was no such question :) When can we expect this new iPhone to appear in Aus? As most aussies know, we are way behind when it comes to this sort of stuff, but do you think it's possible that we will see it at the same time the U.S. does? Thanks for your input :)

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Australia was the second country to get the iPhone 3G on the July 11th release date. Nuu Zulund was first.

We don't lag behind for Apple products now, generally they are in stores within a day of shipping beginning.

3. stezza333 macrumors regular

Yep. The iPhone is released the same day around the world. Since Australia/New Zealand are a day a head of everyone we are the first to get it :)

4. dazloe thread starter macrumors member

Yeah baby! Thanks for the reply, just sold my ipod touch for the new iPhone when it comes out :)

5. puercaeli macrumors regular

Launch Date

I am hearing about rumored and supposed new iPhone launch date of 15th of June based on German report(which I can see happening seeing that infrastructure to deliver product is there already unlike last year and not to mention probably less demand) but Optus is doing special iPhone deal till 30th of June....

But of course Optus may be trying to confuse us....

6. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if optus will allow us to upgrade early?

Do they usually do this with no iphone phones?

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

No information regarding a new iPhone has been released.