New iPhone commercials only show Verizon at the end

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kyllle, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Kyllle macrumors 6502

As long as I can remember, at the end of all the iPhone commercials they would show the word's "iPhone 4," followed by AT&T's logo for about half a second.

Then, once the Verizon iPhone came out, they added the Verizon logo after the AT&T logo, showing each for a short period of time at the very end of the commercial.

In the past few weeks, I've noticed that they stopped showing the AT&T logo, and now only show the Verizon one. At first I thought I just missed it as I wasn't really paying attention, since I had already seen the commercials several times. But just now, I did pay attention, and they definitely only show the Verizon logo now.

It's like they are trying to hide that the iPhone is on AT&T. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm not sure what the reason would be to do this, unless Apple just wants everyone to know they like Verizon better than AT&T.

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

It's because you're watching a Verizon commercial.

3. Leo-The-Red macrumors newbie

In the UK most (if not all) of the major carriers have the iPhone now, it used to just be o2, but the carrier logo at the end of the advert changes every now and then, sometimes Vodafone, sometimes Orange etc.

4. Kyllle thread starter macrumors 6502

But it was definitely Apple who created it, as it's one of the "If you don't have an iPhone... well, you don't have an iPhone" ads. So are you saying Verizon can just buy it from Apple and use as their own?

I don't think I've ever seen a Verizon commercial advertising the iPhone or iPad (except that one I guess), they are always about LTE and their "lightning-fast devices," like the Galaxy Tab. I always assumed it was because they simply didn't need to advertise Apple's stuff; everyone already knows about it and wants it, plus Apple advertises its own products as well.

5. mike3141 macrumors newbie

It's the same as the AT&T ads that show someone on a call with an iPhone who then goes to the internet to verify something and then returns to the call. The tagline is something like "Simultaneous telephone and internet. Only on AT&T".

6. Kyllle thread starter macrumors 6502

I know, but the difference with that is that AT&T obviously produced that commercial. The one I'm talking about was clearly made by Apple, because it is the same format (the iPhone takes up most of the screen, with a simple solid white background, the same tune that is played during most of their commercials, and the same narrator as their other commercials) as their other ads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO8riWIderc

that's the specific one I'm talking about, but there are many other similar ones. The difference in the one on youtube and the one on tv is that on tv, they showed the verizon logo at the end, and here they only show the words "iPhone 4" with the apple logo at the end.

7. Ralphmalf9 macrumors newbie

8. mechanopony macrumors member

mechanopony

They're most likely splitting up the carrier brands so they each have air time. I can imagine that AT&T and Verizon were not too happy about having their logos next to each other in the same commercial.

9. Kyllle thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha yeah I thought about that. It just seems weird for Apple to care enough to switch. Although they didn't show the logos next to each other, as in on the same screen, they were played right after each other. Not sure if that's what you meant.