New iPhone doesn't auto-show travel times on lock screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HoosierInFL, Nov 2, 2015.

1. HoosierInFL macrumors regular

My iPhone 6 would do this when I get in my car and connect it to bluetooth: The screen would light up and it would show travel times to a destination that it thinks I might be traveling to, most likely based on the day and where I usually travel at that time. Handy feature.

My new 6s Plus does not do this. The screen lights up, but it doesn't give the travel time info. It does suggest an app in the lower left hand corner, but that's it.

I can't find any settings for this. Has anyone had their phone do this?

Thanks

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

My new iPhone 6s has never done this either. It took 2-3 weeks after buying for the travel times would show up on the "Today" pull-down, but I've never seen them show up on the lock screen.

3. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

4. I7guy macrumors G5

I think it takes a while for the "frequent locations" database to build up to where your activities can be predicted by the system.

5. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

I got my 6s+ on launch day, and it didn't start giving me travel times until about two weeks ago. It takes some time for it to learn your usual routes.

The app in the lower left is from Handoff.

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

Hmm, I got my iPhone 6s on launch day also. It started showing travel times on the Today pull-down about three weeks ago, but nothing on the Lock Screen.

Wonder what extra it needs to "learn" for that?

7. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

Not sure. I only noticed them on the lock screen when i get in my car...maybe they were on the notification pull down as well but I never noticed? I wonder if it's a setting somewhere?

8. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Once it starts appearing, does anyone know if there's a way to get it show on the apple watch?