New iPhone/FAN question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noobinator, Jun 6, 2010.

1. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I never knew I was eligible for a FAN discount until about a week ago. So currently I have a standard iPhone plan with no FAN discount. What would the process be for ordering the new iPhone and getting my FAN discount started?

If I log into the site now it wants to charge me to start the FAN discount on my current phone/plan. I plan on pre-ordering from Apple. Should I just buy it from apple, then activate it THEN sign up for FAN? Just want to make sure I do this in the correct order :cool:

Thanks

2. kyleaa macrumors regular

When I got the iPhone 3G at the Apple Store, i had to call AT&T and have my discount removed. Apple couldn't make changes to a business line at that time. I did my 3GS upgrade at a corporate AT&T store since i was also porting in a number and adding lines.

They may have fixed their system in 2 years to allow Apple to do phone upgrades on business plans, but it might be easier to just apply the discount after.

On the flip side, my business discount gets me waived activation/upgrade fees, so it might be worth any extra hassle.

3. kyleaa macrumors regular

As far as applying the discount, I just had to take a paystub to a corporate AT&T store and they put it on.

4. bevo macrumors regular

I am curious about this as well. I have a FAN account number associated with my att account.

Will I have to remove it to make it a simpler process?