Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toxicbomber

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
I can't really speak much of it, but there is a new feature on the iPhone for when your on the phone app in your favorites, you can simply switch to landscape mode and instantly be in cover flow with all your contact's pictures scrolling at your will. At the top is the name of your contact and at the bottom you will find their phone number along with numerous options. Touch the person you would like to call and it's as simply as that to make a call. This will be the only thing I reveal as it's the only info I can retrive from my contact who works at Apple in the iPhone software team department. This is a small but very useful feature.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I'm hoping that Apple will enable web browsing in landscape mode - doing the pinch to enlarge thing when vertical is going to get old very quickly.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
I really hope you're being sarcastic! If not, then I suggest you go here:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/internet/

And watch the Safari video; first one that plays...

As for the OP, put me with :rolleyes: club.

While not an outrageous "tale", I believe a :rolleyes: sums this up.
Though we'll see eventually.

Put me in too! :rolleyes:

But I guess this would be a cool feature? I'm not sure how useful it would be though. I'd rather have voice recognition where you speak the person's name and it calls them. (Which is already on most phones). Unlike music, I don't usually scroll through my phonebook and decide "Oh, I feel like talking to this person, I'll call them." I've usually already made up my mind about who I'm going to call.

toxicbomber

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
You would think that with toxicbomber being a MacRumors "member", i.e., being around here for a while, he'd have more sense than making up information.
I didn't make this up! Honestly you couldn't tell if I was lying or not. When you see the final outcome you'll see.

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
I believe it. If I were to lie about a feature I would say something ridiculous like "There is a G5 in the iPhone!"

It's not a big deal feature, Apple Legal won't be coming after you because it's not a big deal.

JNB

macrumors 604
I'm trying to see how a feature like this - even if true - would be useful. I have, between my work and personal contacts, somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 folks.

I don't know them all by face, but by name, or their association to me.

And I don't have a single friggin' picture of any of them.

And I don't search by visual characteristics, but - again - by last name, company, or school. So what freaking difference does it make if I can "View By Photo"?

Are you sure this isn't a new Windows Mobile feature? It's a lame enough idea. :cool:

EdwardG87

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2007
I am not going to be quick and to think this claim is fake, because like someone said before, it's not a big deal. I mean I guess it would be nice and make the interface a little bit cooler, but it's not really necessary. The one feature I would love is when SMSing, you can turn your iPhone into landscape mode and the keyboard would follow with it. Now that would be nice.

iBenzin

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2007
I am not going to be quick and to think this claim is fake, because like someone said before, it's not a big deal. I mean I guess it would be nice and make the interface a little bit cooler, but it's not really necessary. The one feature I would love is when SMSing, you can turn your iPhone into landscape mode and the keyboard would follow with it. Now that would be nice.
id rather have aim on the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.