new iphone, few questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dubstar, Jul 22, 2008.

1. dubstar macrumors member

i know these have been discussed in various threads, and i dont know which ones to rely on..

1) the battery, does it need to be ran all the way down a few times? or does it matter?

2) as far as when you hit the home button to exit apps or safari.... are they still running in the background? what metho do you use to clear them out completely?

3) any other "must do" things i should know about. my phone came with the "347" or whatever the newest version is that people were restoring to.

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

Yes it couldn't hurt, just keep running it all the way down for best results.

Apps cannot run in the background on an iphone

the latest firmware is 2.0 and you should just have to plug it in.

3. tsvb macrumors 6502

1) It's a Lithium-Ion battery so you really shouldn't need to do much of anything with it.
    2) When you hit the home button it suspends the app so that it does not run in the background at all.
    3) You should be good to go. Just sync with iTunes and check for updates every so often.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Not really, the battery life will become more reliable the longer you use it, but there is no real need to run it down, except for once in a while.

Nothing runs in the background, except for the iPod and Phone apps. The last used state is saved, but over time, it can loos the data, which is why you can sometimes go back to Safari and your last page is still there, other times it needs to be reloaded.

Nothing really. Enjoy.

TEG

5. thornguy macrumors regular

I noticed on the demo that Safari kept the old page when you went back to it.
    How do you clear it?

Sometimes you don't want a cached page to come back up.

6. RJ17 macrumors regular

Press and hold the home button until safari quits. That should clear out the pages.

7. dubstar thread starter macrumors member