new iphone for 1st quarter 2008??? should i wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zipper1022, Oct 8, 2007.

1. zipper1022 macrumors regular

i really want an iphone, but my currnet phone (razr) is okay for now, i can live with it. i keep reading that people expect apple to update the iphone and change some minor things on its interface like the headphone jack and adding 3G. and with all the controversy around the 1.1.1 update without 3rd party apps im a bit concerned. is the wait for 1st quarter for a new iphone worth it or should i just get one now while i have the money and the desire...???

2. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

The iPhone is really a great product, but if you've waited this long and your phone is ok for you, I'd probably wait to see what Apple has cooking for 2008.

But if your contract is up or you're the cavalier hacking/unlocking type, I'm sure you'd enjoy messing around with it.

Whatever you decide, I will say this. For all of its shortcomings, hands down it's the single coolest piece of tech I have ever owned.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I agree, i would doubt that there would be a new on coming out anytime other than within 6 months of WWDC but thats just me. They are going to have a major update (my guess) with leopard. We already know theres gunna be note syncing support, so theres bound to be more. Wait if you want, either way its gunna be the same phone i think.

4. cmaier macrumors G3

I doubt there will be a hardware change before mid-2008.

5. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Until apple announces otherwise, if you want 3rd party apps then do not buy an iphone.

6. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

If you can wait you should I dont know what to expect in v2 but I am sure it's going to be good

7. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Well, you know. There will be a 3rd gen coming out after the 2nd gen. I heard that from sources.

Just by it now and upgrade the phone.

8. earthsick macrumors regular

if i were you i would wait until 2010 for the 4th gen iPhone...i know some one who baby sits the cousin of the dog groomer of the janitor of the mail room at infinite loop who CONFIRMED its gonna have 4g, 300gb, a coffee maker, third party apps, and a harmonica...oh man its gonna be sweet.

but i am not you, so i bought an iphone and enjoy it for what it is

9. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I don't see apple changing the iPhone as far as hardware goes for a little while... they didn't get very good reception for their price drop. Introducing a new version this early would spell disaster.

10. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

that last line is the best quote I've read for ages!!!!!!!!!!
    roll on Nov 9th

11. Macsterling macrumors regular

Macsterling

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

if I were you; quit posting stupid stuff like this. The forum for the 15yr olds is on a different site called myspace. Get a life

12. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

ouch, i guess its that time of the month for some of us....

13. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

14. zipper1022 thread starter macrumors regular

the 3rd party apps dis ability doesnt really bother me but with every other apple product i own i have waited until the "new version" is released to buy it so i am tempted to wait until the "new iphone" that might not come out for a long time. apple has been known to change their products directly following the christmas season so do ANYONE think i should wait until then?

15. fromthineyes macrumors newbie

well, its the same thing with iPods. You buy one and then six months later its outdated...

If you want it now, buy it. But, yeah there'll be another in a while

My guess though is that it will be a long while.
    after the whole price drop fiasco, Apple would be completely stupid to release a new version so soon after the price drop ( and its initial release for that matter)

Paraphrasing Steve Jobs, if you keep waiting for something on the horizon to become avaliable, something else will be on the horizon and you'll wait again, never getting anything in the process.