New iPhone freezing up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ToddH, Oct 24, 2014.

1. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Hello everybody, I have an iPhone 6+ space gray 128 GB and sometimes it freezes up on me to where I have to hit the sleep button and wake it back up again so I would respond. Other times when I receive a phone call I cannot swipe the answer button to the right as it will not respond either. Is this a known issue with the current iOS 8.1? Or do you think I just have a problem with my processor and or ram and the iPhone? During version 8.02 my iPhone would crash on me and it would display the Apple logo surrounded by a black screen for a few seconds and then return back to normal. I have restored my phone as a new phone and wiped it out but it still freezes up on me and I am just curious to know if it software related or hardware related and if any of you are experiencing this currently with your phones...

T

2. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Yep I would restore to factory settings and enter your apps slowly as one of them might be the problem.

Did you 6 always do this or right after you made some change on your phone?

4. ToddH thread starter macrumors 6502a

ToddH

I noticed the phone freezing up and crashing after version 8.02 and it was a random occurrence and I took my iPhone into the Apple store and told them what was going on and they suggested that I restore my phone as a new device. I went home and erase all content and settings and then connected the iPhone to iTunes and set up as a brand-new phone and downloaded my apps one at a time from the app store in the purchased location of the App Store. Since then I have been running version 8.1 and after the 8.1 download, I did not see or have not seen the Apple logo with black screen crash. The only thing that I have noticed so far is that sometimes I cannot answer the phone because the swipe to the right did not respond and when browsing through my photos the phone would freeze up on me randomly.

I called the Apple helpdesk and they suggested the same thing, which was restored to factory settings because they did not see any hardware issues with the phone, it appears to be software related. They did tell me that if I do restore from factory settings and start all over again without pulling a back up, and if I have the same issues later on, then it would be suggested that I get a replacement. However setting up from the new phone is time-consuming and something I'm not looking forward to doing again for a while.

5. Newtons Apple, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014

Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Even if you set your phone up as new, you can still sync things like you contacts from iTunes.