New iPhone gets hot while using EDGE and WiFi

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jbuckner, Feb 11, 2008.

1. jbuckner macrumors member

jbuckner

I just bought a 8GB iPhone on 2/1/2008. As a Mac user for years I love the iPhone. I did notice that my iPhone gets really hot while surfing the net via both EDGE and WiFi, also my battery is goes from full to half after I'm on the web for more than 10 mins continuously. My question is, is this normal iPhone behavior? Or as I'm still under the 14 day return window should I take it back and get a 16GB?

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

if you are in 14 day policy and want a 16gb, take it back, pay the restocking fee and get the 16gb.

if there is truly something wrong with it, make an appointment at the bar to have them look at it; if there is something wrong, you should be able to upgrade and not pay the restocking fee

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

the battery issue is not normal.. but the phone heating up with constant use is (at least in my experience)

4. jbuckner thread starter macrumors member

jbuckner

thanks Jim, I thought the battery issue was strange also. I think I'll just take it back to the Apple store and pay the difference for the 16GB. I'll ask the Genius about the battery issue and the heat issues before I make the exchange.

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

ha, the name's not jim, but you're welcome... ;)