New Iphone Hardware and Multiple Carriers!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonegeek786, Apr 20, 2010.

1. iphonegeek786 macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Well that quote is talking about iPhone bussiness everywhere, and since Apple only has their iPhone exclusive in 3 big markets(US, Germany and Spain), that quote could be talking about spreading carriers in markets where they already have many different partners.

I'm not saying Apple isn't planning non-AT&T iPhones in the US for Sprint, Verizon and T Mobile, I'm just saying this quote isn't any solid piece of info to say they.

I don't know much about the cell phone market in Spain and Germany, but I know in the US, the differences between all their carriers means many different models of the same phone, which is reason to keep one carrier(now I think there are more reason that would make financial sense for Apple to release a CDMA phone, so hardware which supports Verizon and Sprint are the same...sadly T Mobile wold require its own device to support its 3G network, and considering how few people use that standard, I'd say its the least likely, but I can hope.

3. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

It says 'new' hardware. Not 'more' hardware.

There is a difference. If he had said 'more', that would be, 100%, a sign to a CDMA iPhone. New could just mean new models.