New iPhone: has better speakers than original ones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EvryDayImShufln, Oct 12, 2007.

1. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I dont know if I'm just imagining this, but my week 39 iPhone speakers seem to be alot better than my original one that I got maybe 2-3 weeks ago.

The original one had alot of trouble playing strong bass at a loud volume level, but this one seems to do it considerably better. It's as if they've gotten improved speakers for the iPhone or something.

Can anybody else back this up, or do you think maybe my original one just had supbar speakers?

2. salilsundresh macrumors 6502

What firmware does your week 39 iPhone have? I believe they boosted the volume on the 1.1.1 firmware update, not sure about the bass specifically though.

3. weeman macrumors 6502

Yeah, I noticed this too but I wasnt sure if it was just me or what. I had a week 28 before and I went in and complained to apple about my battery life 2 days ago and they gave me a week 39 with 1.0.2 on it and I noticed that the speakers are less distorted and sound way better. After installing the 1.1.1 update, I notice that it is definitely louder and I run the ringer at 1/2 volume now instead of full volume.

4. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I don't know about speaker, but have you checked the screen for the negative black issue. That is certainly worst than early phones. :(

5. EvryDayImShufln thread starter macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Yes I do have the negative black issue. I dont think it bothers me, and even if it does, theres litterally nothing I can do short of selling the phone again and waiting. But I dont think its such an issue anyway, since I dont watch movies all that often and even when I do, the black scenes are hard to see whether it has this issue or not.

6. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

You're kidding right? your ringer is at half volume and you can hear it??? I'd have to have mine transplanted into my ear canal to hear it at half volume. sucks.

7. weeman macrumors 6502

I think it might have been how I made the ringtone also. I used audiohijack to record music off safari from a website and it turned out louder than i thought. The normal ringtones I can hear pretty good with the ringer halfway up but with my ringtone I made using audiohijack its super loud.

8. EvryDayImShufln thread starter macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

What's your ringtone though? One of the stock ones?

I put some timbaland as my ringtone, it's DAMN LOUD and sounds VERY nice :D Alot better than my old one sounded, which I used to put at half volume because over that would distort way too much

9. aerospace macrumors 6502a

the poor sound quality was probably the biggest disappointment in my iphone thus far. i dont carry around the headphones so any music would be played via speaker, its kinda embarrassing for a $400 phone

10. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I'm using Sonar currently. It's a high pitch, it's not super annoying. Once itoner gets up i'll put back some custom tones that were MUCH louder and there I can see how you would be at half volume if you needed.