New iPhone - How will it affect our phone plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SephirothXR, Jun 3, 2009.

1. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

If we already have an iPhone 3G, will we most likely have to extend the plan for another 2 years, or will we simply just buy another iPhone and carry on with our current plan? For all we know, Apple is already thinking of what to do on the next iPhone for next summer for those who bought iPhone 3G almost one year ago when our 2 year contract expires, so maybe we should be smart and get that advantage that original iPhone users will have going up 2 upgrades at once (from original to new one) to save money rather than going up on each single upgrade (from 3g to new one and then next summer's most likely model) that Apple releases and losing money. What do you guys think?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

There area about 500 other threads with this exact question.

Every single one has ended up reaching this conclusion: No one knows.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

"How will it affect our phone plans?"

*shrugs* Negatively I assume.

4. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

5. App1€ macrumors regular

Assume you won't be able to get the new one until you are upgrade eligible.

6. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I personally don't have a problem renewing my contract with AT&T for another 2 years. I hope those rumors about AT&T introducing a cheaper data plan are true since I barely use 500MB per month.

7. DragonUK macrumors newbie

DragonUK

Completed My Contract

As far as the contract goes I completed my contract at the end of this month. I called ATT about what happens when it runs out. They informed me that I would be on a month by month basis until I upgrade to a new 2 year contract. The monthly bill would remain unchanged as if I was still on contract.

Of course they wanted me to get a new IPhone 3G. The best part of this whole thing is that I allready have one due to my original first generation IPhone had allot of problems last year. And apple replaced and upgraded me free of charge last year with new 3G IPhone with my original contract still intact and warranty.

So I guess I will wait for the 4G to come out in Europe. I just wish that the new IPhone had a SD Slot like the blackberry's and a removable battery compartment. Plus the video person to person camera since we have had this technology for almost 5 years with Orange UK and VodaPhone.

Of course ATT has offered me inducements to sign-up again under there loyalty customer program. But I guess I will wait and see what comes along.:cool: