New iPhone in 1/1/2008???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rteichman, Oct 26, 2007.

1. rteichman macrumors newbie

Engadget has an article on a new iPod clock radio speaker system. It says compatible with iPhones manufactured after Jan 1. Apparently that's also on the amazon page selling the product. What do they know that we don't?

2. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

3. mets1125 macrumors regular

4. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

it doesn't seem that way. Why would they even write that then.... as a cautionary statement to all iPhone owners whos' iPhones were produced in 2006? :p

5. matthewHUB macrumors 6502

if it's compatible with the touch, why not the current iPHone?

6. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

That's also puzzling ....and for some reason I can't edit my avatar? lot's of strange things going on this morning.

7. FakeBillGates macrumors newbie

However inticing a new Iphone this soon would be, I doubt that a third party speaker/alarm clock/ iphone holder manufacturer would have any more inside knowedge of Apples next gen Iphone release plans.

But you never know ...

8. earthsick macrumors regular

obviously this means that a new iPhone is coming on 1/1/08 with 3G, MMS, GPS, bread maker, and unicycle...obviously...

go ahead and throw a *confirmed* in the subject line

9. zed2 macrumors 6502a

just think about it for a second.... what possible specification change could Apple make to the Doc connector which would force all the "old" iphones to not work. Anything they did to that effect would also mean all the "current" ipods would also not work! which in turn means that everything ipod will be obsolete in 3 months time!! I don't think so

--Zed

10. rteichman thread starter macrumors newbie

It could be that the current iPhone has a doc connector problem that is being changed so as to be more compatible with other iPods, or it could be a shielding system so the phone can work with speakers without having to be put in airplane mode.

11. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

It's probably just the creator of the PDF having a sense of humor. I would do the same thing for kicks if I had a product and a chance to create the PDF for it. Just to get the mac rumor community all worked up throw a, "compatible with iPhone extreme models built after 1/1/2008" in it and let the good times roll. :)

12. ejrizo macrumors 6502

ejrizo

they are just stating that models of the "ALARM CLOCK" produced after Jan 1st will be compatible with the iphone... but not the current one.

13. sananda macrumors 68020

ah! so just sloppy drafting!

14. wiseguy macrumors member

wiseguy

And iPhone available in Canada in January...

Too many coincidence... A contest where you can win an iPhone but just in january 2008, and now this product compatible with iPhone made in january...
    And when I ask a Rogers Technician how to set my EDGE user and password, he knew the iPhone very well...

That's it, iPhone2 in january with launch in Canada on Rogers.

15. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Apple would not give a alarm clock or speaker maker access to a next gen iPhone.

especially one so stupid as to make an amazon post like this.

16. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

Wow...Some people just want to believe anything.

17. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

I really don't think anyone that has posted to this thread (including the OP) said they outright believe this.

18. groove-agent macrumors 6502a

Hmmm... very interesting. I might wait until Jan to buy an unlocked iPhone. Could it have something to do with the rumours of the iPhone nano?