New iPhone interface on new iPhone... what?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by erandall38, Sep 20, 2007.

1. erandall38 macrumors 6502

My friend got his iPhone replaced for free today at the Apple store...

His is different. Not only does it scroll smoother but when he clicks the speaker button it brings up the see through box you get when you change the volume except is says iPhone speaker phone. Also when he makes a phone call it gave some extra options before it called i forget what they were. And under voicemail it says audio instead of speaker and when he goes there it has some different options as well.. whats up with that, anyone know? I checked the firmware and version and they were the same as mine.

2. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Odd, can you write up a more complete list as far as the settings go? Where did you purchase the phone? Also is his unlocked , etc?

Have you guys done a side by side comparison of all the menus / options?

3. cjmal macrumors 6502

this is probably one with the new firmware update that should be coming soon. the iPhone shown in the uk had similar features and was sporting a new firmware version.

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I read somewhere a while back that you see these differences when a Bluetooth headset is paired.

5. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

well if the firmware is the same it wouldn't make sense that any of the features would be different. I doubt that the screen/icons would look like the touch either.

I would check your buddies iphone again and do a side by side comparision.

6. erandall38 thread starter macrumors 6502

BINGO!!
    he just bought a apple bluetooth headset today... and I ment to add that.

The firmware version was the same.

Do you think it would change that much though.. when I see him later tonight I will unsync the bluetooth and let you know. But i know when it was giving different options the headset was one of them.

But why would it say in writing "speaker phone"?

7. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

its the same when connected to my car...it just gives you options to switch to speaker phone, car or iphone. For example when I am connected to the car, I can switch to speaker phone or iphone by simply pushing the button.

Its been like this since day one.

8. calvy macrumors 65816

when I'm hooked up the bluetooth in my car, I get a few extra options like I think you are describing. Is he using a bluetooth headset of some kind?