New iPhone/iPod accessory

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by leapfrog, Sep 30, 2008.

1. leapfrog macrumors newbie

Hi,

We are a new products development company looking to develop a new accessory for the iPhone and iPod. We are interested in how you use your iPhone/iPod so that we can better match our products to your needs.

We have created a survey that is 10 multiple choice questions and will take no more than 2-3 mins to complete. We do not request personal details of any kind, the results are for internal purposes only and we will not share the results with anyone.

We would be very grateful for your input. Thank you in advance for your help.

Please click here to answer the questions.

2. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

So i take it you are making some sort of stand ?

If you need any beta testers you can e-mail me at epyon@ucla.edu

I would love to review any item/ take pictures/ etc

3. leapfrog thread starter macrumors newbie

Dr Cabrera, thanks for your response.

I'm sorry but we can't disclose any details at this stage. We will certainly keep you in mind as development progresses though.

Thanks again for your input.

4. opt1m4l macrumors newbie

Done!

Cheap plug: I wouldn't mind helping you test your products too, especially if you need it in a hot and humid climate. Heh. Just in case you need it, email's shawn.93@gmail.com

5. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I would be happy to review / test your product as well. I completed the survey for you as well. My email is pkuhr (at) comcast.net

6. DaytonaJae macrumors newbie

I just filled out your survey.

I think some sort of desktop stand would be very well received.
    The one thing I have always found frustrating when buying accessories such as stands or car mount cradles is that they are almost always designed for the bare iPhone. Meaning they do not take into account those of us who use the iPhone in a case, changing the dimensions.

I saw two really cool desktop stands and a few car cradles that are simply gorgeous.... if you use your iPhone without a case, or only with a film such as Zagg or Bodyguardz.

There's the PED 3 ( http://thoughtout.biz/) and the iCooly (http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/q208-icooly-ipod-touch-stand/) stands, which I would love to try, if only I wanted to take my case off everytime I wanted to put it on the stand.

If you are making a stand (no pun intended... hehe), please take into consideration that a lot of users use it with a case on. This means the Apple 30 pin connector needs to be raised from the base, and the mechanism needs to be adjustable.

So far, the Kensington LiquidAux Deluxe (http://us.kensington.com/html/14493.html) has the most adjustability I have tried and is specifically made for the iPhone/iPod. It fits every case I have thrown at it.

It can adjust for the width of the device, the thickness of the back, the 30 pin connector height (for recessed plugs inside thick cases), audio ports at the base (for the mic and speaker), rotates to landscape/portrait mode, and has a docked audio line-out.

I would love to see a desktop stand with the adjustability options that the Kensington has.

7. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

If you guys will be making stands/mounts, please consider an iPhone with a case, like what others mostly said, manufacturers just consider naked iPhone when designing their own stand/mount.

8. bori macrumors member

I just finished with your survey. Please keep me updated when you release your product!

9. leapfrog thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to everybody that has taken the survey and for your comments. We take them all on board and, for my part, agree very much with the issues you've raised.

Thanks to those that have requested to be involved further down the line...we will keep a record of your email addresses.

For those of you that have looked at this post and thought about contributing, please do. We are finding the average response time is taking a few seconds less than 2 minutes.

All the best.

10. leapfrog thread starter macrumors newbie

This survey is now closed. Thanks to everyone for your input. We will keep you all posted as we progress...