New iPhone issue I discovered

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OnNightfall, Jun 24, 2010.

1. OnNightfall macrumors regular

In the older iPhones you could put someone on speaker, play a song through iPod and you could talk to someone on speaker and you could hear the music coming out of the speakers and the other person could hear the song thats coming out of your speakers. With the iPhone 4 if you play a song while on speaker talking to someone they DO NOT hear the music no matter what (which is kool) BUT the music quality is AWFUL! Someone with an iPhone 4 check it out. Call someone, put your phone on speaker, play a song and see how AWFUL the quality is and also notice that the other person does not hear the music.

2. bova80 macrumors 6502a

my guess is that is the noise canceling mic doing something as well.

3. WilliamG macrumors G3

This is obviously intentional. As soon as you end the call the volume comes up. It's not "AWFUL" quality, - it's just very quiet!

4. DVDxR macrumors regular

Well there goes all the fun I have with iSamJackson when I'm on conference calls :mad:

5. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

I know it has to be related to the noise canceling mic but in my opinion the music does not sound like lower volume, more like bad quality. If it was lower volume it wouldn't be a big deal. Though I don't do this often, it kinda bugs me.

P.S. That's true, what if you want to prank someone with a soundboard. They would not hear the soundboard. Well... at least the pros out weigh the cons so far.

6. markthrash macrumors 6502

markthrash

Aww man really? I remember back on my 3G (when i used to talk on the phone a lot) I used to play a song for my friend and be like "that song's cool, eh?" and it was fun to do. Ahh, well. It's a good thing I'm hardly on the phone nowadays.

7. IlliniDude macrumors regular

Why would you want your phone playing music while you are trying to talk to someone?

8. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I agree, I guess mofo's are just silly.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I thought the same thing. :confused::confused::confused:

10. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors 6502

next they will complain you cant talk on it while having a shower

11. markthrash macrumors 6502

markthrash

It sets the mood. :cool:

12. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

Guys I'm not trying to complain for the simple fact of complaining but I do find it surprising. I agree that during a phone call you do not want to be listening to music but I'm just pointing it out that you could do it before, now you can't. As far as prank calling with a soundboard or showing a friend a song or anything like that you will not be able to do it anymore.