New iPhone Loaded Deleted Apps and Lost Folders?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by starrchilde, Oct 23, 2011.

1. starrchilde macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I purchased an iPhone 4s yesterday and sync'd after backing up my old 3G. Prior to updating the folders, etc were all arranged in iTunes as they were on my phone, however after syncing the new phone, it added deleted apps in just random order and the folders etc are gone. (and I can't see a number of apps because there are too many to fit on the screens)

Is there a way to retroactively go back and resync maintaining the folder structure and only apps existing on my old phone rather than everything I've ever downloaded?

Thanks!

2. doodledee macrumors newbie

I have a 4 and when i did the os5 update my phone got all screwed up like yours, except all my apps were missing! I didn't know of an "easy" way to fix it, i went in to itunes, selected my phone, went to the "apps" tab and had to select "sync apps" and then had to manually delete and arrange everything. It took forever because I have a zillion apps, but it was the only way I knew how to do it.

3. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

In iTunes on the App tab when the phone is connected take the check mark out of the box "auto sync new apps" sounds like you forgot to do that?

Resync with only those you want on the phone.

4. starrchilde thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks srl7741, I double-checked and I have it set to sync apps, but not to sync new apps automatically. It's also odd in that when it prompted me to update apps, it tries to get me to update apps that are registered to my son's iPod Touch, so I'm not sure what happened.

Frustrating, but what can ya do? :confused: