New iPhone (nano) in Sept/Oct?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacGiver, Aug 2, 2009.

1. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

Not sure there is a thread about this but i read there is a possiblity to have a new maybe Nano iPhone to be released in Sept???

I find this very unlikely...anyone heard about this? Is that only a rumor or is there a chance to see this happening?

X

From Engadget
    Remember all those version 2 iPhone rumors rumbling about back in May. Well, they're back and running amuck in Taiwan. According to DigiTimes, Taiwan's Chinese-language Commercial Times says that Taiwan's Wintek has gained the touch-screen panel orders for the second-gen iPhone. The report claims that Wintek has already begun test production in small volumes with Apple intent on selling their newest model of the iPhone in September for somewhere between $249 and $299. Unfortunately, the article doesn't state where this flavor of the iPhone will be sold. An important omission given that September is the same rumored delivery for Quanta's iPhone variant meant specifically for non-US markets. Of course, that would be too early according to (some) JP Morgan analysts although Kevin Chang, and his vision of an iPhone nano, would surely disagree. To muddle things further, Wintek was just fingered as the supplier of panels for future touch-screen iPods set to launch in August. However, DigiTimes sources are now reporting that the iPod's capacitive touch-screen will be "less complicated" than the panel used for the current iPhone. No multi-touch? Who knows. Man, rumor mongering is a silly business... interesting, but silly.

Attached Files:

2. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Why would an iPhone nano sell for $249 or $299? Smaller screen also means the Apps from the App Store wouldn't work. In septembe, we will see iPhone OS 3.1, iPod nano/iPod touch?shuffle/classic/iTunes updates. Thats all.

I'm so sick of the stupid iPhone nano rumors.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

4. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

5. iphonefreakz macrumors member

iphonefreakz

6. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

7. enohPi macrumors member

enohPi

Yeah its fake. I created this one in 1 minute with MS paint.

[​IMG]

iPhone Mini**** maybe?

8. Buzz Bumble Guest

Yep, iPhone Shuffle - you shake it to ring a random contact. ;)

Some (if not all) of these "iPhone Nano" rumours probably came from being mixed up with the Chinese iPhone, which may or may not arrive there in September / October. Another possibility is a mix up with the new iPod Nano.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

I like yours

I could use this iphone for short little day trips maybe 12 apps total that way I don't have to worry about my bulky heavy Iphone just take Iminiphone!

11. TheMBC macrumors 6502

12. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

LOL. Yes, indeed.

Back before MacWorld there were lots of rumours about an iPhone nano. Now, with the 3G being sold alongside the 3GS with a smaller feature set and lower price, it pretty much fills the position of an 'iPhone nano', so the likelihood of such a device appearing (under that name, anyway) has diminished, imo. Perhaps Apple will continue to keep the 3G around and simply continue to improve the 3GS, leaving the 3G as a de facto 'iPhone nano'...

13. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

14. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I was literally going to post the exact response, but skimmed through the thread first hoping I wasn't the only one.

FOR ****S SAKES :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: is my new response :)

15. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Seriously, I think it's the rise of the Nano again :eek:

16. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Well ... while we're at it, I guess i'll contribute some of my favorites ::heavy sarcasm::.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What does WHITE SIZE even mean? I hope it's not a penis joke.

And my favorite. The iPhone Zoolander?
    [​IMG]

haha

17. realeric macrumors 6502a

realeric

Well, it will be ............ :D

Attached Files:

18. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

What I don't get with these mockups is how're you meant to talk on something that small.

Move it up to your ear, then back down when you speak, then up again.

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah, I have a juke but it unfolds so it's long enough to hear and speak without moving it.

20. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Forgive me if I'm taking you more seriously than you intend to be taken...

Have you not seen a phone shorter than the iPhone? Or, even smaller, a bluetooth headset?

To answer your question, no, you don't move it back and forth. The microphone is just able to pick something more than an inch away.

21. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

What's the point in having such a tiny multitouch screen. There will never be an iPhone nano.

22. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

I still think the problem will be splitting the app development, I think that at the moment the iphone is such a run away success that another model will only be released when demand slows. the next move for apple will surely be to open up to all carriers then once the market is saturated new models will start to come out, mirroring the evolution of the ipod somewhat

23. Buzz Bumble Guest

Yep. You can already get mobile phones much smaller in Asia ... in fact there is at least one wristwatch that includes a mobile phone and a pen-based PDA. I think the online store ThinkGeek.com were selling it at once stage. :)