New iphone nano sim problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JayTruth, Jul 22, 2012.

1. JayTruth macrumors newbie

First of all, this fall I was planning on getting an unlocked 6th gen iPhone and sticking my T-Mobile Sim in there.

However the new iPhone will probably be using nano Sim which is not only smaller in area compared to micro Sim but also thinner. So, how am I going to get my micro Sim into the new iphone's thin Sim card slot?

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Shave it pb solve! Thats wat i did couple years back when we had those magicsim or whatever it was to unlocked the 3G.

3. JayTruth thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm sounds like it should work, but getting my hands on the new iPhone all depends on that. I sure hope so!

4. alexander25 macrumors regular

i hope they don't make it any smaller.. travelling with an iPhone was already hard enough because not all carriers overseas had micro sim (i had to cut the regular sim and i'm sure the carrier i used last year has it now because they now carry an iPad). so to make an even smaller sim card will make it difficult for me if i go to europe again next year. smh

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Not to hijack the thread, but better than starting a new one. When you buy an iphone online through apple does it ship with a sim card in it and activated?

6. albertxp06 macrumors regular

If you buy an iPhone unlocked, it will NOT come with a SIM card and you have to supply one yourself. If you buy one subsidized, it should come with one.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Thanks. It would be subsidized