new iphone/new computer.. = HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jayge, Jun 17, 2009.

1. jayge macrumors newbie

Hi! I was wondering if I could get the best way to transfer as much iPhone information possible from my iMac to my new MacBook Pro. I'm getting the 3gS on friday so I figured that would be a good time to start syncing on my new MBP that I'll be taking to college. I already have my itunes music and address book on the MBP, but I'm curious if I'll lose things like notes and such. Basically...is there a way to backup my iPhone on my iMac, transfer that backup to my MBP, and then put that backup onto the new 3gS? Thanks for any help! :)

2. jayge thread starter macrumors newbie

3. MEDiphone macrumors member

this

forum is amazingly unhelpful.
    I just joined and have had minimal response when I have questions.
    All it seems to be is a bunch of morons tracking packages that they know will come on the 19th.:confused::mad:
    if I knew how to help you, I would.
    cheers

4. jayge thread starter macrumors newbie

hahahahaha so true.

5. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

You can do a couple things, you can back up everything on a hard drive and transfer it that way. Or you can use Senuti for your music. If it the same iTunes account you can just re-download the apps.

6. brosmooth macrumors member

brosmooth

the reason people dont help you is because there are already about 50 other threads about backing up your data/moving it/ect, i dont mean to be one of those SEARCH people, but yea... if you do a quick google search or even MR search, youll find your answer

search something like backing up date mac, or transfering date mac :) good day

oh, and wrong section, it relates to iphone, i get it, but its a computer thing - probably another reason for no response

7. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

This other reason is this thread is in the wrong forum. It belongs in the Mac forum, not the iPhone forum. You situation barely involves the iPhone.

8. jayge thread starter macrumors newbie

ive been google searching for 3 days and since i couldnt complete locate my problem i figured if i asked under my specific conditions i could get my specific answer. thank you so much for your help....not. and since the only reason im doing this process is for a NEW IPHONE its perfectly fit under this section. i think its ridiculous i have to defend myself to people like you when all i want is help. any help at all.

"good day"

9. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

10. jayge thread starter macrumors newbie

how does locating and transferring and iphone backup as well as restoring the iphone backup not have to do with iphones...? Im sorry to take a waste a spot in your bumbling iphone forum that could be used to bash AT&T or complain that you cant use your new video camera feature until SATURDAY boo hoo hoo hoo

11. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I'm sorry....I didn't hear you over my bitching. Go here:
    http://www.apple.com/support/

12. jayge thread starter macrumors newbie

if anyone would actually like to help and not try to insult my intelligence i would more than appreciate it :). thanks!