New iphone, New Laptop, NEED HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DatboySky, Jan 14, 2010.

1. DatboySky macrumors newbie

My iphone was stolen and I just purchased a new one today. Also, I got a new laptop a couple months ago. Is there any way to sync my new iphone to my new laptop and still get all the backup information and music from my old computer onto my new iphone ?? I asked the guy at the ATT store and he said just sync the iphone to the old computer and after getting the info, sync it to the new laptop, Im pretty sure that wont work because it can only be synced to one computer right? Thanks in advance :)

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

on ur old comp plug in the iphone, on the sidebar of itunes, right click on ur iphone and click restore from backup. then choose what backup it is. then on your other computer, open up itunes and at the top bar with like file and edit and stuff, under store go to authorize computer. type in ur apple id and password, now u can have ur stuff on that comp. now go to ur sidebar, right click iphone, and click transfer purchases. then right click the iphone again, and click backup. now click sync.

3. DatboySky thread starter macrumors newbie

Will this method also transfer the music in my itunes library ? And do I need to have itunes open on both computers?

4. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

yes it transfer all music. and as for the other computer, u can just go and burn it and apple doesnt give a crap as long as u have the apple id and password your comp is authorized.

5. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

But to answer the question, yes you will have to have iTunes on both computers in order to sync the iPhone. Once you synced everything and the backup form your old computer, plug it into the new one and click (in iTunes) File > Transfer Purchases from "[your iPhone's name]"

DPA

6. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

not to be rude or anything, but just to clarify, he asked if it had to be open on both of them, not be on both of them.

7. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Apologies for my misunderstanding.

DPA