New iPhone Now or Wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by geoffreak, Jun 12, 2009.

?

Should I buy the new iPhone?

Poll closed Jun 17, 2009.
  1. Do it! The new iPhone will be awesome.

    10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Don't do it! The new iPhone will be the worst yet.

    3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Hold off and wait for first impressions.

    13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. geoffreak macrumors 68020

    geoffreak

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2008
    #1
    After owning an iPhone (1st gen, 8GB) for a year and a half I find that the storage space on the device cannot cope with my music library which is now nearly three times larger than what my iPhone can currently store (my music library was <4GB when I got my iPhone, but a few SXSW later...).
    I would like to purchase a device with larger storage and I've verified that I get the lower pricing from AT&T (at least according to Apple's site) so the question becomes if I should jump the gun and order the new iPhone before it is released next week. I hesitate because the device isn't released yet and nobody has had any hands-on experience with the device, and I normally read many reviews before deciding on if I'm going to purchase something. The problem is that if I miss the chance now to order the iPhone, I might not get another for over a month if Apple gets backordered like they have in the past.
    Should I go ahead and buy the iPhone or not?
     
  2. geoffreak thread starter macrumors 68020

    geoffreak

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2008
  3. foranor macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2009
    #3
    If you usually wait to read reviews and maybe get your hands on an item in a store to have a look yourself, you should do it the same way now.

    Upgrading your iPhone to the 3Gs isn't a matter of life and death and it'll be available for a while, so if you wait 2 more weeks and get it at the start of july, you'll have the chance to read reviews and let's face it, it'd be only 2 weeks after the launch.

    You don't actually lose anything.
     
  4. niuniu macrumors 68020

    niuniu

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2009
    Location:
    A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    #4
    Voted hold off, where money is concerned I like to play it safe..
     
  5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

    GoCubsGo

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2005
    #5
    I'd wait 30 days to see how the dust settles.
     
  6. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

    ImNoSuperMan

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2005
    #6
    I`ll hold off for 52 days before shelling out my hard earned cash.(And that has nothing to with the fact that 3GS will launch 52 days later in my country compared to US. Seriously:eek:.)
     
  7. macgrl macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    #7
    I agree. Give it a month or so to see what happens
     
  8. Brien macrumors 68020

    Brien

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2008

Share This Page