New iPhone on O2: mail push not pushing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by greig, May 21, 2009.

1. greig macrumors newbie

I've been using the iPhone from O2 for just over a week. Got my mobileme account set up fine and for the first few days emails were pinging away as they arrived on the phone. But for the last couple of days they only seem to show up on the phone when I actually open Mail and it connects up.

I don't think I changed any settings on the phone or the MacBook and everything still seems set to push the email to the iPhone, but something has definitely changed. I don't see any other mentions here of similar problems at the moment, so user error is a definite possibility. Any idea what I might have done or, if the blame lies elsewhere, how I might resolve it? It's not a killer problem for me, but it's a puzzler.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

Have you checked that you dont have push set to manual for mail.
    Also, are you sure you have a good signal for the phone to actually receive mail?

3. greig thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. Neither of those seemed to be the cause. Today, after the phone rebooted itself for the first time (it hung when using Flickit) I seem to be getting push notifications again.

Like I said, really just a minor quirk that had me puzzled. Loving the features on the iPhone in every way so far.