New iPhone + OSX 10.4 & iTunes 9 = screwed?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by casual123, May 21, 2011.

1. casual123 macrumors newbie

So, I just bought an iPhone 4 but I''ve been a happy owner of a white iMac for more than 5 years, I never saw the reason to upgrade the software, until now, it's telling me I need iTunes 10 which I don't have, and for that I need OSX 10.5 which I don't have either and in no position to shell out on a copy on also.

I thought this was going to be a formality, after all, I've seen your average Windows netbooks running iTunes 10, but I'm totally stumped not knowing what to do next. My only option right now it seems is to use my GF's leopard running MBP, but all my huge array of paid apps, contacts and schedules are in my iMac. Any kind advice would greatly appreciated.

2. iLucas macrumors 6502

I would activate the phone with your gfs MBP then buy a copy of leopard to get all your apps at a later time. You would need the upgrade disc rather than the retail disc. The upgrade disc is cheaper

3. jkeating2005 macrumors regular

If im not mistaken, The upgrade disc is for upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard only. Also, hopefully you have a Intel based iMac.....

4. LoveBrisk macrumors newbie

LoveBrisk

I would buy a cheap little laptop and run your iPhone from that, not your iMac