new iphone owner dumb questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrdinh, Jun 10, 2009.

1. mrdinh macrumors regular

i was charging the phone directly on the wall...there is no indications ie. light that the phone is charging unless i clicked on the home button and see the battery green going...

i just got the 99$ 3g phone for my wife and preordering the 3Gs for me...do I need 2 itunes account for both phones or just one?

any other tips for a new iphone user?

thanks

2. elmo007 macrumors newbie

i dont understand what you mean about the battery ?
    No your best bet is to simple have play lists.
    your name and yours

3. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

One account will do 5 computers mac or pc and will do a bunch of phones, touches ect. I think it is unlimited.

This way you only have to buy an app or song once.

Example: four of my friends use my account on their computers and a bunch more just use my computer to sync their phones.

4. mrdinh thread starter macrumors regular

i would like to know if the phone is charging or not...my other cell phones has a light that blinks when is charging...this iphone looks like its shutoff

so if one itune account is good for two iphones...i would like to not download/sync my itunes songs to the phone...since the songs are already on my ipod...what setting to do this?

thanks
    phat

5. gbr1ryder macrumors newbie

Basically the only way to see if your iPhone is charging is by lighting up the screen to see the green battery and in the upper right-hand corner that displays the battery icon. If there is a lightning bolt looking icon through the battery that means it's charging. If there is a plug icon within the battery then that shows that it's fully charged. There is no tone or light that goes off when fully charged.

However, when you plug your device in you should hear a connecting sound.

When you connect your iPhone to itunes select your phone on the left hand side. At the top are "tabs" ie Summary, ringtones, music, applications, Photos etc. Click the "music" tab. UNCHECK the "sync music" box. There, you shouldn't have any music synced to your iPhone!

Let me know how that goes!

6. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

If it's charging, you'll hear a sound (or it'll vibrate) when you plug it in. Also, when you plug it in, the battery icon in the top right with get a lightning icon that overlays over the icon (and it'll turn white instead of green)

As for syncing the phone, you'll be fine using the same iTunes account as it's been said in earlier posts. I would just click the "manually manage music and videos" and under the tabs, just make sure that the "sync" checkbox is unchecked. I use an iPod classic, iPhone and a couple other iPhones on my same account and each one I manage everything manually.

7. mrdinh thread starter macrumors regular