New iPhone owner questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pain, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Pain macrumors regular

I signed onto an iPhone contract with Bell yesterday, the student plan for $55 and I so far LOVE THIS PHONE. It's everything I want and more.

1: First of all, if anyone has Bell as a carrier, can you tell me if the student plan has unlimited social network for the iPhone? My online bill says so, but I activated the phone through Best Buy Mobile and the sales rep didn't mention it, but the Bell brochure says so...

2: I've used approximately 75MB of a total of 1GB of data (by checking Usage on my iPhone) so far. Can you tell me if things like push on email and Facebook notifications will eat up my data supply? I seriously don't wanna push it, since my parents are offering to pay the first few months.

3: If I go into Airplane Mode, can I still receive texts and phone calls?

4: If I call Apple and complain of reception issues, will I still get a case? I read this on Wikipedia for the iPhone 4 page:
    The company has offered all customers a free case until September 30, 2010, or a refund within 30 days of purchase, as cases have been shown to correct this antenna problem.[9] After this date, customers suffering these problems will still be supplied a free case (at Apple's discretion), by calling AppleCare.

2. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

1 don't know
    2 it will use data. things like that don't use that much though
    3 no airplane mode won't it makes it so none of those thing work till you take it out of airplane mode
    4 the offer is over so probably not but you could always try.

3. Robby C macrumors regular

Robby C

4 is the only one I can answer and as far as that goes; No. The free bumper program ended September 30.

4. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Yes push notifications eat up your limit, browsing the web and Facebook will not get you to 1GB, the apps are the ones you want to watch.

No you cannot receive texts or calls in airplane mode.

5. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

A slight correction here. By DEFAULT, Airplane Mode turns off WiFI. BUT, you can still go into the WiFI settings and turn it on while keeping the rest of your settings in Airplane Mode. So that will allow certain programs to receive information even when you are in that modality.

6. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

While it did, Apple's internal stance changed to considering complaints from customers on a "case by case" basis.

If someone complains about the issue, they may be offered a bumper as a gesture of goodwill.