New iPhone ... question about Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by odinsride, Nov 11, 2007.

1. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

I got my iPhone last week, and I'm wondering about Jailbreak. I think SSH/FTP and some games might be useful. Can I really brick my phone if I install it?

Also I have 1.1.1 firmware, do I need to downgrade to use Jailbreak? And do I still sync everything using iTunes but just ignore Apple firmware upgrades?

Oh and also does Jailbreaking void the warranty in some way? Is it easy to go back to the original factory settings (non-jailbroken)?

I just don't want to render my new $400 phone useless by screwing something up.

2. Midgetinabikini macrumors regular

use iNdependence, it got great instructions, plus the new beta version includes AnySim 1.1

i used it to unlock 2 iphones, worked great!

3. ajl917 macrumors 6502

If you have not installed any kinds of apps, just use www.jailbreakme.com, its only works with 1.1.1.

Then use iPhoneBrowser to add custom themes and NES ROMS. Also, any type of hacking will void the warranty, but there are ways of covering this up like restoring and revirginizing.

4. jediistar macrumors 6502

I'm still leaning on the fence about hacking, however are there are any really good tutorials hanging around the web for new beginners with hacking the iphone, most importantly, the installation of themes?!