New iPhone release timetables

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by james1758, Sep 26, 2017.

1. james1758, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017

james1758 macrumors regular

james1758

Hi all,

Will November now be the new release month for iPhones over the next few years?
    Or, after this iPhone X November release, will it next year revert back to September releases?

I've always upgraded every other year since the iPhone 4, every September, skipping the 's'.
    My contracts are always 24months so I can always upgrade at the right time every two years.

I switched to EE, from o2, when the iPhone 7 came out, as I knew the following year apple were going to skip the 7's' and release something completely new, and with my new EE contract I get annual upgrades, because of the contract price.

I am due for my upgrade now but am not going to get the iPhone 8, but instead wait for the iPhone X releasing in November.

I'm hoping apple will now just stick to November releases for the iPhone, so that my contract times perfectly with it every year (as I am now eligible for free annual upgrades)

Obviously nobody can predict what apple do, but maybe someone has an idea as to whether they are not going to stick with an annual November release, or, revert back to September releases next year.

Thoughts welcome, and thanks
    James :)

2. davyh macrumors newbie

davyh

As you say nobody can predict what Apple will do, we can only guess.

My theory is this, next October we will see the iPhone X Pro. Somewhere in the middle of this years 8 and X release. The 6S and 7 will no longer be available, the 8 will drop price as will the X.

The following year will see iPhone's simply being called the iPhone and iPhone Pro and an end to the number system. I mean it has to end at some point, iPhone 16, iPhone 24 won't sound right. Will help with the missing iPhone 9.

iMac Pro, MacBook Pro, iPad Pro......

As with the iMac's and MacBooks, phones identified by the year in the smaller print.

3. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I’ve always said that in my opinion the X is a 10th anniversary special edition iPhone created to honor the occasion. The 8/8+ are the official launch iPhones for 2017. Next year will see another September launch as usual. Just my opinion and as said before no one really knows.

4. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

I would think if stock is that bad i think they could move to a November release date going forward. Certainly if supply is going to be a nightmare long into 2018.