New iPhone restore of JB backup

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aonelas, Jun 4, 2011.

1. aonelas macrumors newbie

I've been using a jail broken device for quite a while. Before my iPhone 4, I had the 3g broken as well. In all this time, I never had to perform a restore from back up, until now.

The "power" button started acting a bit strange today so I took it in to the Apple Store. If you've ever dealt with customer service there, then you know that within five minutes of them looking at my phone, I was signing for a brand new replacement. I wasn't too concerned, however, because I backed up my phone before heading down there. It helped that I read, and believed, some time ago that the JB setup was backed up as well.

That last bit seems to be a bit off, just fyi. I sat down comfortably at my desk, plugged in my iPhone and began the restore process. When it concluded, the first thing I noticed was that my phone was no longer jail broken. Additionally, none of the apps I had installed were reloaded onto the phone. Nor were WiFi settings or mail account passwords, and of course there are things I haven't discovered yet that are missing.

Sure, many of you already know about this. Go ahead a make your comments. BUT for those of you who don't, be warned!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

you were expecting Itunes to restore your Jailbreak and cydia apps? :eek: Sorry that's not the way it works. use www.Iclarified.com to find tutorials to rejailbreak. look at paid app pkgbackup to do backup and restores in cydia in the future.