New iPhone SE and first annoying bug on app store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bubulol, Apr 29, 2016.

1. bubulol macrumors 6502

Hello, i am quite happy to come back on iOS after some years on Android and today i received an iPhone SE
    The main problem i have, i cannot dl apps from app store, its still pending, i had only 3 apps successfully downloaded then the bug came, i got latest iOS update, 9.3.1

Anyone has met similar issue?

Thanks

2. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

Keep hitting download. I'm having similar issue and if I keep trying two or three times it works.

3. bubulol thread starter macrumors 6502

Hello, i had hitting download all time, even at work lol, i have a circle keeps running + pending grayed icons

4. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

Power off and then back in and then try it.

5. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

Haven't had this issue yet, thank goodness. My SE has been perfect. Wish I could say the same about my MBP on 10.11.4....

6. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

I think it's an issue with the App Store, not so much with your phone.

I experienced similar problems over last few days.

7. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Think it's the App Store not the phone. I have noticed this with my 6s Plus and my iPad Air 2. Downloading from App Store has been problematic on and off. Hitting the app agin several times sometimes works. Shutting down the App Store app and reloading works sometimes. In all instances I have been able to down load the app, just took a few tryys. This has just begun happening recently, last week.

8. maclancer macrumors regular

I can confirm that is happening to my iPad mini 2 as well. Very annoying... Can't download anything at all.

9. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Agreed is annoying but fiddle with it. Between several try's, reloading app's app, or rebooting phone I have gotten it to work. Don't give up right away. Usually change order of downloading our third try seems to work.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 30, 2016 ---
    Just downloaded four app updates and first three worked fine. Fourth one slowed half way through for about ten seconds and then resumed. It almost feels like it's a load issue with the App Store servers. Definitely not my device's fault.

10. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

For the past few days, I've been having an issue where I click the update all button and the circle appears for a minute like the app is about to download, then it changes back to the update button like I hit cancel.

But it's not my iPhone SE because my iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 2 have also been doing it.

11. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I have this happen all the time on a 6S, 6S+ and a 6+.

12. PattyMc macrumors regular

PattyMc

Been having issues with all my devices in the app store the past few days.. Must be something on Apple's end. My apps aren't updating either, hope they get a fix on this soon.

13. bubulol thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there any Apple statement about it?
    Maybe its related to a related app?

14. splitpea macrumors 6502a

This worked for me. I couldn't download updates after first boot, but a reboot fixed the problem.

15. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

I knew that would work. It'll do it again in a day or two. Just rinse and repeat until Apple fixes it.

16. splitpea macrumors 6502a

Hasn't recurred for me. That sucks. Good luck!

17. maclancer macrumors regular

According to what I read so far the bug as been for a long time, since iOS 4... Very unlikely that they will fix it in iOS 10.

18. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

I've seen it do it here and there for years. Usually it's not as recurring as it has been this time around.