iPhone SE New iPhone SE to look like an iPhone X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigPictureGuy, Mar 16, 2018.

1. BigPictureGuy macrumors member

BigPictureGuy

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

3. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

There's a general consensus that this is probably overly optimistic rumours

4. Falhófnir macrumors 68040

Falhófnir

You can tell the model in the video is a X that’s been put into a SE style shell, it’s noticably larger than an SE...

5. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

So is the X over the regular iPhone..

6. Falhófnir macrumors 68040

Falhófnir

Just look at the notch and the horns either side - exact X proportions, that wouldn’t be the case with a smaller model, the horns would be significantly smaller.

7. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

What would the display size be? If this turns out to be true I’d be very interested but I highly doubt Apple will put the X design and dual rear cameras on a $399-$499 model.

This could be the $699-$799 model set to replace the 8 but I doubt that as well due to the dual rear cameras.

8. AppleZombie macrumors 6502a

Apple listened and this is it! This will be the best selling iPhone of all time

9. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Actually, no. They're almost always wrong.

When they're "right," they're regurgitating info previously leaked by KGI or Bloomberg .

10. DevinNj macrumors 6502a

Irregardless, I think that's a nice looking design. I'd like to see that in like a 5-inch display, I'd be all about it.

11. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Its a fake. Including Face ID and An OLED display would also increase the price point of the SE dramatically, which the two key components to the SE is the form factor and price point.

12. DevinNj macrumors 6502a

Agreed! It goes against the nature of what the iPhone SE was meant to be. But hey, it's nice to dream. Lol

13. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

The great thing about the SE was the value for the price point. As I see it, this mock up would require much R&D and new manufacturing infrastructure etc. The SE didn’t, so that savings was passed down to us. You could buy a powerhouse phone for a bargain price. This is a very atypical move for Apple, and it was great!

So basically, if it’s all new, it’ll have to be pricey-which kinda shatters the whole beauty of the SE(which I adored).

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see a smaller bezel-less iPhone, but I’d probably still stick with the X if the prices weren’t too far from each other.

14. amirite macrumors 6502a

The iPhone SE X looks amazing. If they release this next month I’ll seriously regret my X purchase :( The SE is the perfect phone size for me and my Trump hands.

15. Rattle Snake Suspended

Agreed!!

OLED display and Face-ID doesn't seems to fit in a budget phone.