Other New iPhone Setup Process?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Apr 24, 2018.

1. tl01 macrumors 68020

When did apple start letting users set up their iPhone using their other phones? For example, today I had to get my X replaced. I started setting my my new phone and the X said to get my other phone and do the scan (like you do with an Apple Watch to set up) with my other phone of my new phone to start setting up the phone. Also, while my watch didn’t set up successfully, I was surprised it was part of the set up process now. I didn’t unpair watch first as we weren’t planning to replace my phone but then my iPhone freaked out at the Apple store so they replaced it. Anyway, does anyone understand the changes I am describing? When did they start?

2. Shadow Jolteon macrumors regular

Shadow Jolteon

3. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Started with iOS 11: https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/automatic-setup-iphone-ipad/

4. Devyn89 macrumors regular

Devyn89

I love this feature makes device replacement so much easier.

5. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68020

It sure does make things so much easier! I guess I hadn’t noticed as I hadn’t had a new phone since the X came out. It’s a thoughtful feature...not an earth shattering one...but convenient for sure.

6. ericwn macrumors 68020

Nice feature, and thanks for sharing the link !

7. bushman4 macrumors 68020

If you have a problem call Apple tech support and they’ll gladly walk you through the set up process
    IPhones come with 90 day free tech support