New iPhone showing "Time since last charge"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LevMac, Nov 3, 2015.

1. LevMac macrumors 6502

LevMac

Hey guys, just picked up my iPhone 6S Plus purchased from my local Apple Retail Store. Got it home and unwrapped it, yes fully sealed.

After going through the intro/setup screen's and just going over the phone making sure everything works, I went into "Battery" and it had Usage time as a few minutes and Standby as 4hrs,53mins since last full charge.

Now, shouldn't the standby read "0" ?

Sorry, just got a bit worried as it showed statistics in battery use and just a bit worried as I bought it from an Apple Retail Store and yes it was fully sealed.

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

Did you restore from backup? That's my thought.

3. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

check the battery cycles of the iphone. this can tell something

4. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

Thanks, what is the best free App that will tell me this?

5. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

well if you have a mac download coconut battery and connect your iphone with mac. run coconut battery.

6. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

Hi guys, if anyone is about to purchase an iPhone, when you take it right out of the box could you please go into Settings and Battery and check the "time since last full charge" and to see if there is anything under Standby?

As soon as I setup my phone I checked my battery status and it had something around 4hrs and something minutes for Standby? Shouldn't this be reading 0?

7. chabig macrumors 68040

I would not expect it be zero. There is no need for any concern. At some point during manufacturing, it had a full charge, and it spent some time in standby before it was packaged.

8. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

Yeah I've always thought straight out of the box it should show '-' under usage and standby, mine showed a standby time of around 4 hours

9. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Some "power on" time is required to verify that the phone actually works after being assembled. Would you prefer more or less QA time?

10. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

I just downloaded Coconut Battery, connected my 6S Plus and under Load Cycles it shows 1
    Since purchasing it and taking it out of the box, I haven't charged it to 100%

So if the Load Cycle is showing 1, is that how it should be for a brand new retail unit??

11. Suckfest 9001 macrumors 6502a

Suckfest 9001

Yes, assuming that was just QA testing cycle.

12. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Some will have 0 cycle charge and some will have 1 cycle charge out of the box. Mine always comes with 0 cycle charge out of the box.

13. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

they have charged it 1 time, presumably for QC.
    Where's the problem ?

14. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I always check mine upon unboxing.

My experience with 15 brand new iPhones over a 3 year period is about an equal amount of both readings. The first time I saw a one, I was not alarmed but thought I bet it's been through some kind of QC check.

Apple isn't perfect but they've always been very careful.

15. mhoepfin macrumors regular

With the apple watch you can see the day they made the watch because there is activity recorded for it. Kind of cool and shows real people somewhere in the world are testing your device.