New iPhone simulator

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by merges, Jun 20, 2007.

1. merges macrumors member

Marketcircle released iPhoney, a free iPhone web browsing simulator powered by WebKit. Users and web designers can browse websites and test how they'll look on iPhone. They say it's going to be made open source soon. Worth checking out...

http://www.marketcircle.com/iphoney/

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

This is something Apple should have done, particularly for all the devs interested in the iPhone at WWDC. It was a disappointment to be told how to design things with the uniqueness of the iPhone in mind and not have an emulator or even an iPhone to check out. :(

3. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

This would've been perfect if it had mimicked the zooming and the scrolling. However, the turning and user agent spoofing is great (and I'm sure some websites will be visited by iPhoney and will think that they've been visited by an iPhone).
    -Chasen

4. Eric1285 macrumors 6502

I don't see how you could mimic pinching and spreading open your fingers with a single mouse. Those features could have been implemented on the side though.

5. macaddicted macrumors regular

macaddicted

On the other hand if MC is coming out with something like this it gives me hope that I will be able to use DayLite more fully on my iPhone.

6. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Zooming as in being able to see the entire page in the display.
    -Chasen

7. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Oh, something like...

Shift + mousedown. Then hold Shift while you move the mouse away / back from / to the original down point. Distance equals amount to zoom in power of two increments.

(I believe a reviewer once claimed it went 1x, 2x, 4x, but I haven't seen evidence of that in videos lately. Guess we'll find out!)

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

To bad it doesn't do the other features of the iPhone...I'd like that...still I'll play with this to get to know what sites I go to and how they will look on my iPhone

Edit-Main pages on Macrumors doesn't work too good....I'll post screenshots for anyone who wants to see, but doesn't want to waste time downloading the app

Attached Files:

9. nkkumi01 macrumors newbie

10. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

11. BWido macrumors newbie

apple + T
    or the from the menu Window

12. gaina macrumors newbie

Web based version

Try this simulator http://testiphone.com/ in a Safari browser, its not as full featured yet but you can do some quick sanity checks