"new" iphone speaker louder? (NOT 3G, a replacement 1st gen)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djmodifyd, Jun 29, 2008.

1. djmodifyd macrumors regular

I recently got my phone replaced due to some other problems....the speaker phone not being one of them...i just thought that it being so quiet was normal due to other reports.

but i noticed that this new phone the speaker phone is MUCH louder...i have the volume turned half way up and its plenty loud...my old one i had to turn all the way up and it was still too quiet.

did they secretly fix this or something?

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

3. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

All first gen iPhones have quiet speakers.

That said, some were SUPER quite. The first iPhone I had was like that, I switched it out for a new one and the speaker was much better, but still not great compared to the rest of the phones out there.

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

This is great news. I have a launch day iPhone and the speakerphone is only usable in a dead-silent room. Even the gentle flowing of the AC air out of the vents is enough to drown out my speakerphone on the loudest setting.

It seems like this will be sorted in the 3G iPhonet too.

5. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I got my iPhone replaced yesterday because of battery issues and my new one is so much better. The speaker I'd say is twice as loud both for the iPod and phone calls. I put my music on in the kitchen when I'm cleaning up after dinner and could hardly heat it with me emptying plates having the tap running etc but tonight it was amazing. My girlfriend sitting in the living room had to ask me to turn in down!!!!!!!!!!
    before she could never hear it.

6. icecold0913 macrumors member

I have friends who have had their early-release iPhones replaced, and they have all said how much louder the speakers on their new iPhones are. 3G's will probably be even louder and of better quality.