"New" iphone talk time 44days???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dsheppard22, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Dsheppard22 macrumors newbie

I got a new iphone 5S from the att store on Monday (8/4/14) - 3 days ago. I've made 26 calls. But my call time lifetime is 44 days, 22 hours! How is this possible? Did they sell me a refurbished iphone?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Did you restore from a backup? Restoring from a backup will keep the previous call time and add to it as more calls are made.

3. Dsheppard22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I'm not sure. I backed up my old iphone on the cloud. When I got the new iphone i logged into my icloud account and it put all my stuff onto this new iphone. Is that restoring from a backup? Sorry I'm not really good with the lingo!

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Did you restore from your iCloud backup? It sounds like you did. That's the only way that would make the call time already be that high.

5. Dsheppard22 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I did restore from icloud backup. Ok. Thanks.

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

wow

Do I feel stupid. I thought this had something to do with the NEW (not announced) Iphone.

Okay dude -you have a new phone. It has not settled in yet. Give it a few days/weeks. And a reset.

Then ask.

7. makerleone macrumors regular

makerleone

according to me you should have to contact an applecare, they only can help you in this issue.

8. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

"New" iphone talk time 44days???

My call time is 22 hours. I've literally made one phone call on my iPhone. I have no idea what this is supposed to tell you since that once phone call I made was not 22 hours long.
    This little counter means nothing.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

If it means nothing then why is it there?