New iPhone Trick?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleSJ511606, Sep 29, 2007.

1. AppleSJ511606 macrumors member

With the addition of the "double-tapping home button" it got me thinking...would it go straight to my phone favorites WHILE it was in "locked" position?

Well I tried, bad thing is that it certainly did not however on the brighter side of things it DID do something!

Not sure weather or not this was implemented...nvm, just checked my Roomate's iPhone and this IS a new function. Anyways, it brings up an iPod controller at the top of the screen so you don't have to keep unlocking it, going to iPod, and THEN controlling the iPod functions!

Have fun!

2. aerospace macrumors 6502a

awesome!...just a few days behind everyone else though :p

3. AppleSJ511606 thread starter macrumors member

but its kinda funny how I haven't seen, heard, or read about it anywhere. On well, but it IS a great feature!

4. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Yep. This had been romored before the firmware release and was one of the first things I checked because I was annoyed with the lengthy process to pause music without it (when using my E3c headphones).

I think it was rumored and/or on people's wish lists because they said the iPod Touch already did this with the home button, but I'm not sure.

5. GTiPhone macrumors regular

Honestly I think this was a failed implementation of a great idea. It is not a true option if it brings up ipod controls instead of favorites. This the perfect solution for bypassing slide to unlock to make a call.