new iphone update after leopard?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamito, Oct 16, 2007.

1. jamito macrumors newbie

I was wondering, since the iphone, Apple TV, and ipod touch have mac os x, does that mean they will get updates soon after leopard is released? i guess my real question, is the os on the iphone (or others) a variant of 10.4 and will that need to get updated to a variant of 10.5?

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I dont think the os on the iPhone is related to 10.4 or 10.5. It's handled differently so just because it will be synced with 10.5 now doesn't mean that the phone's os has to be updated.

3. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Knowing apple they probably will though

4. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I sure hope there will at least be an update the same week that leopard comes out... NEXT WEEK!!!

A couple things I thought would be cool on the iPhone:

Stacks - Just like how they have it in leopard, where maybe you could have a games/application stack, and other stacks...

When phone is flipped to horizontal position, the home screen should turn with phone (As well as SMS and e-mail)...

MMS

Video

Voice Recording

Flash Support

That is all I want (for right now anyways) that would make me even happier with my iPhone!

Would have to say that Apple will be updating at the end of this month, since they called the last update "September '07". Especially now that they have the GM ready for leopard, the developers need something to do...

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

The iPhone will be elligible for an update shortly after Leopard is released. Particularly concentrated on the features of Mail 3.0, ToDo Lists at least.

6. jamito thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand that it being synced with 10.5 wouldn't require an update, my question was more in regards to the fact that the Mac OS X was updated, and since the iphone ran the OS, that it might be updated also.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The iPhone RUNS a stripped down version of OS X 10.5. I can see a Software Update around MacWorld, but not before. Until then, all we'll get is 1.2; another firmware update that will re-brick my baby... Well... maybe I just won't update again until the next unlock-activator comes out.

Yeah, this is 1.1.1 and it's unlocked... I love my baby.

Edit: Hey! It doesent show that I posted this from my iPhone anymore!