New iPhone update with flaws?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by youngsunnz, Feb 5, 2010.

1. youngsunnz macrumors regular

I been having lots of trouble after the new update. Today randomly when my battery was half percent my phone turned off and wouldnt turn on till the apple genius guy plugged it into the wall outlet and when he did it started up and when it did it said it had 50% battery life. He even restored it and said it had the same battery life,. His excuse was it mustve been some kinda error but it should be fine now. Also i have been experiencing many many dropped calls. Also when i turn off my iphone it turns off then on again by itself and asks me for my password and when i enter it in then the phone turns off.

Has anyone been having these kind of issues with the iPhone? If so does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you

2. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors 6502

mines ran fine since the update, no issues, little more snappy, more accurate battery life.

3. bigchief macrumors 6502a

My 3gs ran perfect before the update and after the update. I swear if I had as much trouble with my iPhone as some on this forum I would sell it but then again my iPhone has never been jailbroke.

4. inlettecluat macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'd agree with the genius. There must have been a weird glitch that just caused an error. Hopefully said error didn't get saved into your backup. If it did, you may need to restore without the backup. Good luck.

5. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

yeah... if the problem keeps happening.. restore the phone and do not restore from a backup...

also try recalibrating your battery.. That will reset any battery reading problems that it may be having.

6. youngsunnz thread starter macrumors regular

How do you recalibrate your battery?

7. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Use the phone until it runs out of battery and then charge it back to 100%.