New iPhone... Use Old?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appleisgod, Sep 15, 2008.

1. appleisgod macrumors regular

So I just upgraded to the 3G because the bottom black piece of my 1st gen came off. Everything is great with the new one, but now my question is, is there anyway for me to continue to use my 1st gen by just switching the sim? An old, crappy phone would be great for skiing before i break my brand new one.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

As long as the old one is still activate, you should just be able to swap SIMs and it should work.

TEG

3. appleisgod thread starter macrumors regular

So I tried it and I have to activate the old one again. But if I do that will the new one be un-activated? I do not understand this at all

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

No. All you have to do is take the SIM card out of your 3G iPhone, put it in the old iPhone. Activate. that is all. When you want to use the 3G iPhone. Slide the SIM card back in. I wouldn't activate the 3G iPhone(you can save some money by saying your using the first iPhone, when actually you're using the 3G, you will still get 3G speeds). if they find out that you're doing that, they wil just automatically change your plan to the 3G plan, no loss ay?

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you don't want to mess with activation, can't you also just run Pwnage on the EDGE iPhone?