New iphone user

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sabrina28, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Sabrina28 macrumors newbie

Hi

Soon to be receiving an ip4 and as a newbie to iphones I just have a couple of questions:

1. Seeing as the new IOS 4.2 is available is it recommended I install the software first before transferring over my contacts etc? Will it make a difference at all?

2. How do I go about transferring my contacts and other information from my Blackberry to the iphone without using Outlook? (non mac user)

Many thanks :0)

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

1. iOS 4.2 will already be pre-installed (Verizon iPhone has iOS 4.2.5), but you might have to update it from 4.2.5 to 4.2.6, and that won't make a difference if you do it before or after.

2. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I though I remember readying that Verizon was offering on their website a software program that will transfer your contacts for you as part of their "Getting Ready" (switching platforms).

3. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

what saving said. plus if for some reason you get one that doesn't have the software updated in the box the phone will prompt you to update it before you sync it with your computer. I would keep it up date at all times.

4. Sabrina28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks you guys for your help.

Guess I should have mentioned I'm based in the UK on a t-mobile network.

Anyone else know how I can transfer data from Blackberry to iphone without using Outlook?

5. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

If you're using a sim card, they should be able to pull the contact info from one sim card to the next. Then slide your new sim into your iPhone 4 and your're on your way!:cool:

6. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

That probably won't work unless you have a mini sim for your blackberry. I would just go into T mobile and tell them you need help transferring your contacts. They should be able to take you through the whole process right there. Good luck