New iPhone with 2 cameras? Might be fake...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by peteryan7hao, Jun 3, 2009.

1. peteryan7hao macrumors regular

peteryan7hao

2. fratboy macrumors regular

FAKE... why would they ever use a 1.3 megapixle camera for the front?

3. Xtremespirit319 macrumors regular

LIE!!!!....why is there are 12 next to the video recording...if your gonna photoshop it make it right... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

4. Xtremespirit319 macrumors regular

I swear sometimes I think people mistaken us for idiots....:D

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

You do realize that there are numbers all over the page after certain features, corresponding to footnotes at the bottom of the page, right? Sure, the font size is wrong, but 12 would be the right number, since currently if you look at the page on Apple's site, the last footnote is number 11.

7. Xtremespirit319 macrumors regular

Yea wooops just realized that...but yea the font doesnt look aligned and who theyre be a restriction on the video if thats the case?

8. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Well it might not mean there is a restriction, it might just say things like the frame rate of the video, file type, or something like that in the footnote.

9. iLeoMarc macrumors regular

Also the page is the current iPhone 3G specs page. Move along, nothing to see here....

10. Xtremespirit319 macrumors regular

True....didn't think of that...

This is too easy to mock also...you can take the source code add what you want and change the titlebar and make it look real.

11. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Because your viewing something only 2 feet from the phone. So you don't need as high of a resolution on the front as it will be sent over 3G which means it would be scaled down anyway.

12. Xtremespirit319 macrumors regular

One other thing to add...(even though its not confirmed) but in the picture it still says 8GB and 16GB capacity which if rumors are correct wouldnt making the sizes be these two...

13. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 32GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A312g Safari/528.16)

Apple would never make a mistake with a font on one of their pages which makes this fake...

14. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Oh I totally agree, I never said this was real, it's just the guy at least chose the right number and all that.

15. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

err.. video chat maybe? doh!!

i reckon this is the real deal...

16. Xtremespirit319 macrumors regular

I mean its possible that ya the megapixel would be down for the front camera...but you think there gonna let video on 3G? They wouldn't even let sling player on 3G

17. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i think they would have to let video chat over 3G..
    almost all other 3G phones (here in the UK anyway) have video chat for a good many years now.. over 3G.. hence the 1.3MP cam I guess...

18. Xtremespirit319 macrumors regular

Thats the UK....this is the US....though your right they really should do it.

19. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

20. peteryan7hao thread starter macrumors regular

peteryan7hao

Are you serious?! You can't video chatting on your 3G phones in the US? WOW!

21. Xtremespirit319 macrumors regular

You can if you jailbreak(though I really could be wrong). I'm not saying you can't its just the bandwith is going to be alot when being used over 3G and from what apple is doing with Sling on the 3G its weird to see them actually let you do video conferening over a 3G network, I'm just saying...I'm not an ATT exec so I coulld be so wrong...

22. Xtremespirit319 macrumors regular

And when I said that I was talking about the iPhone 3G not other 3G's...yea they can but they iPhone can't:(

23. peteryan7hao thread starter macrumors regular

peteryan7hao

Oh sorry LOL

I thought it might the law or something that you are restricted to video chatting on phones

24. Xtremespirit319 macrumors regular

I would flip if it were law....I just don't see ATT flipping and letting people video conference on the iPhone over 3G (example: Sling only is allowed on wIfi)....but like I said I could be wrong...trully hoping to be...

25. MDMac macrumors regular

MDMac

They can't force us to pay for the extra bandwidth used by Sling because it isn't a service they offer. I have a feeling they will allow video but it ain't gonna be free. If it is free I'll be really surprised, not to mention ecstatic. :D