new iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gilljoy, Sep 6, 2010.

1. gilljoy macrumors member

Well my current contract for my little 8gb 3g is up at the end of November.

Im just wondering whats the best way to go about updating to a new phone.

i've been hearing rumours about a possible update coming in January?

also if theres any members from belfast here whats the coverage of tesco mobile like? its where i'll probably go as its the cheapest way to get the phone. on 12 months.

Cheers

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

the only rumors for January I've heard is that a CDMA based iPhone, i.e., verizon will be announced at that point. A new design, update, iteration is highly unlikely (other then maybe an unannounced antenna fix).

3. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Just like last year and nothing.

If you are patient, then just wait if anything happens in January, if nothing does, its better to wait for the new iPhone

Or if you are impatient, then just get the iPhone 4

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

5. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I agree with "wait". The few months are worth whatever improvements/fixes they put into the next one. For all the talk of limited space inside the iPhone 4 they had plenty of room for disappointments.

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Wait until 30 sept (since this is last day for iPhone Bumper Case program); If there is nothing new or change (inside hardware fix maybe). Then just buy iPhone 4 or wait until July 2011 for the iPhone 5...

8. NYDiplomat macrumors regular

I don't think anything is going to happen at the end of Sept or Jan. I just jumped from verizon to get the iphone4 and its been working perfectly. As if I never switched mobile carriers.

Just a lot of wishful hopes. If anything happens it'll happen in july '11

9. Zcott macrumors 68020

To the OP:

I'm in Belfast and after two years of poor reception on O2 (and therefore Tesco Mobile) I jumped ship to 3. I bought the iPhone 4 from Apple and pay 3 £15 a month, and have pretty much full 3G signal everywhere (including my house, which was two bars of GPRS).

Highly recommend 3.