New Iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by piero020, Jan 27, 2011.

1. piero020 macrumors newbie

Hi.
    I am the owner of a jailbroken iphone 3gs 4.1. Today i decided to get an iPhone4 and bought it. Now I am wondering if, when the new jailbreak comes out, I will be able to jailbreak it.
    Will i need the SHSH of 4.1? If so how can i get it?

Thank you!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

please start with the stickies at the top of the forum. most of your info is there and the rest can easily be found by searching. Dev-team blog is also useful. you are better to learn about jb before you do it. iclarified also has great tutorials. btw you can actually jb it now though it will be tethered not really a big deal.

3. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

jb for 4.2.1 with no shshs from previous versions = tethered jailbreak. We're on the same boat. I don't think any jb for 4.2.1 will come out. We're waiting a new one when apple releases iOs 4.3.
    But maybe the dev-team and all the other teams come to us and say: "Wait some more weeks, we have everything done... " As they did in november. :D

4. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Did you buy a new iPhone?

If so, there is no way to get the 4.1 SHSH blobs. Only 4.2.1 & 4.3b2.

5. ali9686 macrumors member

ali9686

I am in the same boat as well. Just got the wife a new iPhone from best buy. Will be waiting for the jb to come out. Till then she can get use to it before we start tweaking it. :)

6. piero020 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay thanks guys. Then I guess to get the SHSH for 4.2.1 i use TinyUmbrella?

7. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

8. CZK macrumors 6502a

They should rename this section into Hack support.