new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hayzz, Mar 13, 2011.

1. hayzz macrumors newbie

my iPhone 3GS was stolen last weekend and I just bought a new one at the Apple store to replace it and I was wondering, if I connect this new one to my computer to sync it, what information from my old iPhone will be synced to the new one? Photos, contacts, apps, notes? Will this sync be automatic? If not, what are the steps I should take to make sure that all my old information gets synced to this new phone?

I would hate for all my old information that's saved on my computer from my last iPhone to be wiped when I connect the new one...

Thank you very much!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

When you connect the new phone you will be given the option to set it up as a new phone, or restore from backup. If you restore from backup, every setting, SMS message, and email account from the old phone will be loaded onto the new one, from the point of the last backup of the old phone (typically the last sync). Your Apps, video, photos, and music will be reloaded using the same preferences from your old phone. Your apps will also be synced, including any stored data within them. 99% of the time, it will be as though the new phone is the old phone. This is the same thing that happens if you get your phone replaced under warranty.

TEG