New iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsf721, Mar 24, 2014.

1. jsf721 macrumors 6502

When should we expect a new iPhone to be released. My iP5 is now out of warranty and I am due for an upgrade and battery is starting to not last as long as it once did. Not sure if it is the battery declining or if the IOS7 is more draining.

I just really want to hold out for the new phone as the 5S has been out for a while and not a huge difference from the 5 I have now.

Thanks

2. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

September-October

Don't go 5S, totally NOT worth changing

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

while I agree with the first part, 6 months is a long time in the tech game. If you want the 5s and can afford to buy it plus the 6, do it.

4. jsf721 thread starter macrumors 6502

My son has the 5S and I know the only upgrade I can see is the finger unlock. The browser might be slightly faster but not much.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

slow mo camera.

6. jsf721 thread starter macrumors 6502

I can afford it but paying full price for a phone is no fun and selling these I CL is a PITA, mostly clowns negotiating and selling to Apple or others is a rip off. Most likely wait until it gets too bad and then either the new one will be out or I will get the 5S

----------

Kool feature I guess, I did not know about it, but I would not jump for that.

7. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Order a Nexus 5 for $350 or google edition Moto G for $200 and play around with Android for the next 6 months.

8. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

If your phone is still usable (albeit annoyingly) then go ahead and wait the expected 6 months or so.

If it's completely broken down - you have no choice but to buy a new phone. Even then you could consider downgrading to an older smartphone for the 6 months.

9. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

The iPhone 5 is an awesome phone and like you said almost like an iPhone 5s.
    You wouldn't recognize many if any speed improvements. The iPhone 6 will be completely new with a new design and a bigger screen and said that you want to keep it for the next 2 years I would highly recommend to wait for it.

10. Nipommu macrumors regular

wait for the iphone 6. it would have made sense 2 months ago but now you are going to regret it. iphone 6 will hopefully be a little bigger and different design. you don't want to give this up for touch id and incremental speed boost.