New Iphone4 with 4.3.5 jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Essartee4, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Essartee4 macrumors newbie

So i recently bought a new Iphone4 and its running 4.3.5

As far as i am aware of i can only run a tethered jailbreak with this (currently im running Redsn0w) correct?

The most recent untethered jailbreak is 4.3.3 correct? Is there any way to downgrade to this or am i stuck with a tethered jailbreak?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

You're stuck with it, but you'll probably be fine with the tethered jailbreak if you think about it. You don't really need to turn off the phone very often.

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

You cannot downgrade without SHSH blobs, and as your phone is new, you don't have them. Blobs can only be saved while Apple is still signing that specific firmware, and they are device specific, so no, you cannot downgrade.

4. Essartee4 thread starter macrumors newbie

You are right its not that big of a deal, i havent had one issue in 3 weeks. However when im home ill sometimes reboot it just because im by my macbook and a reboot every few weeks is prob good.

5. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

when tethered, do you lose any information on the phone if you have to reboot?

6. MBPMax macrumors member

Right, I'm also expecting a new iPhone 4 in the next few days (would have waited for the 5, but my 3GS is completely dead in that it won't respond to anything) and I'm fairly sure I'll get version 4.3.5. I'm okay with the tethered jailbreak - however, my friendly provider in Germany simlocks the phone for the first 24 months and I'm going abroad for a while soon, so what's the current unlock situation for, say, baseband 04.10.01? Is that the latest one?

7. Essartee4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

Re-spring instead then you won't have to run redsn0w. I went for a few months with out issue on a tethered jb once. of course i'd still prefer untethered but it's not that bad.

9. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

where'd you find the jailbreak and iOS for 4.3.5??

10. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

google.com or iclarified.com

11. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

haha I jailbroke using redsnow 0.9.8b3 and got the stupid logo up, I was supposed to use 8b4.. whats the difference? thanks by the way for that answer