New iPhones, I mean new old ones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sanford, Jun 3, 2008.

1. sanford macrumors 65816

So is there no place you can presently get a 16GB iPhone? Even ATT seems sold out around here. Apple and ATT, online and at stores, no 8s and no 16s. I could use more space for music, but I don't want design changes -- 3G and real GPS don't matter to me. I don't really want a refurb, and figure worse case I pay full price for an EDGE 16GB, best case they retain the EDGE 16GB and press protect me for the return period, so I get the $100 off or whatever, anyway.

2. frosse macrumors 6502a

I think they're sold out everywhere actually. You might as well wait for the new one, maybe you'll find 3G and GPS good some day :)

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Nobody (nobody!) should buy an iPhone until after the June 9 presentation. It would be kinda like driving all the way out to Wally World when you could've called and asked if it was open.

The old iPhones will probably be discounted at that point, and the new ones will probably come later in the month. Then you can make an informed decision.

4. sanford thread starter macrumors 65816

Gee, uh, thanks. But I made an informed decision 3G is only incrementally better than EDGE for me, and real GPS, I could give a flip.

Not to mention. THERE ARE NO OLD PHONES IN THE PIPELINE. ahem. so I won't necessarily have a choice

5. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

EBay

There are likely thousands (millions) of iPhones that are going to upgraded. EBay should start to be flooded with 'em.

6. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

I don't think there's anything stopping you from buying one on AT&T:
    8 GB
    16 GB