New IPhones in Florida

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stockcerts, Aug 4, 2008.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I just returned to Northern California (near Sacramento) yesterday from Florida. While I was in the Miami area I visited the Apple store at the Lincoln Mall (near South Beach). I bought a new clear case for my IPhone 3G. While I was there I noticed a moderate size line for the new IPhones. The employees were opening new cases full of IPhones. I was kind of surprised as I thought the availability wasn't that good.

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Some parts of the country are seeing stores with iPhones available while others are still seeing lines

Just depends on where you live

3. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

Yea, when I was visiting Cleveland I went to the Apple Store and there wasn't even really a line for them.

People were just walking around with their little iPhone 3G bag things.

4. hobo macrumors regular

I saw a FedEx guy drop off 12 boxes at the AT&T store I was at today. I had a $50 credit for a phone upgrade, so I got a new backup phone!

Note I'm not on an official iPhone contract.

Anyway, there were 12 boxes that were about the height and width of an iPhone box, but about 3x as deep. Three WERE in each, and a salesperson said "I think this is the most we've had at once!" Anyway, the salespeople got on the phones right away and called customers on their waiting list for them to let them know they came in. Good times!

edit: possibly Direct Fulfillment, but 36 at one (lunch) time? I suppose it could have been all of them for the rest of the night.

5. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

The Penn Square Oklahoma City store had them galore when I was there last Thursday. There was a line area marked but no line formed. saw a few people at the genius bar, however, sorting out issues with their phones.