new iphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ilovemyipod, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Ilovemyipod macrumors regular

Ilovemyipod

OK OK i know is another thread about the new 3G iphones.

Anyways...do you think the new iPhones might be slimmer with a smaller screen or a bigger screen?

Do you think it will have NO physical buttons (eg. touch home button or touch silent the ring button)

Will the headphone jack be on top or on the bottom?

I just want to have an idea of what it might be like
    :rolleyes:

2. ~*allison*~ macrumors regular

Personally, I think it will be pretty much the same, physically anyway. It's been proven pretty darn popular, and apparently there aren't too many complaints about the overall physical UI (at least not too many that I've heard about). I don't see them doing a physical overhaul on something that's already been proven both effective and popular. Just my two cents. ;)

3. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

From a design standpoint there needs to be a home key. If you have an app go rogue (even a built-in one) there needs to be a way to navigate away from it or attempt to force quit it. Plus if you don't have physical keys you can't wake up the screen.

4. Surely Guest

Surely

They are getting rid of the headphone jack, and the screen will be a 10" plasma, but the actual size of the iPhone won't change at all. Oh, and it will be green.

Seriously.

I know a guy who knows a guy who's roommate's cousin delivers coffee to the Steve in Cupertino.:rolleyes:

5. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

I thought there were all kinds of iPhone Nano rumors a while back...

But I bet the 3G is about the same size. (Based on absolutely nothing).

6. shaba macrumors newbie

What's iPhone nano?

Anybody know what the iPhone nano would be? Maybe it's just me but it seems to be a dumb idea. The iPhone is as small as it can be, making it smaller would cut off all the features that make it an iPhone.

7. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

LOL - very nice

8. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

They need to add a way to answer and hang up calls without using the touchscreen. This isn't a problem to a lot of people, but anyone who lives in a very cold area that needs to answer the phone while wearing gloves is screwed. I am sure Apple has received complaints on this issue.

My guess... non existent. There is really no need for an iPhone Nano.

9. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

Use the headphone button, or a bluetooth headset. When it is that cold I don't want to be holding a phone up to my ear anyway.

10. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

That still isn't an acceptable answer. That means you need to either be wearing the headphones every time you leave a building or go out and buy a bluetooth headset. A phone should be able to be answered a basic way without needing to go through steps. Something like holding down the home button for 3 second would work great.

11. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

same and in white or black and maybe a special RED